Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday In Full Bloom








Today we started our day early to get Rachel XiaoMei's physical examination done by the local doctor here. She checked out fine in all areas, although we have learned she does NOT like to be still for any exam whatsoever. Randy liked that she just clung to him. :o) She really is a Daddy's girl. She allows us both to hold her, but she sure likes her Daddy best!

After the doctor's appointment and getting visa photos for her, we drove to another downtown Guangzhou park. This time we visited a local botanical garden really festive in Olympics decoration. We toured this park for about 2 hours and shot some lovely photos. Rachel XiaoMei and Elizabeth really enjoyed it all and didn't get bored once! The park was in full bloom and full of steep slopes. The rose garden was really impressive. Rachel was most smitten with the Koi fish. Elizabeth loved the water misters!

We followed our very long and humid but really nice stroll with a true Cantonese lunch at a restaurant village on site. Rachel and Elizabeth played swords with chopsticks. Rachel let me feed her with chopsticks. She loved all the meats, veggies, and rice. Satisfied with that meal, we returned to our hotel to do some more paperwork for the consulate.

Tomorrow we visit another local park and enjoy a peaceful Sunday...complete with more shopping! This little island is dense with shops for adoptive families to enjoy.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I've been enjoying your updates while you are gone! I get so emotional reading them b/c Rachel and Zoey are only 13 days apart and I just feel more connected to the whole thing b/c of that for some reason - I guess b/c I can totally picture what Rachel is like right now at almost 15 months old! What I found hilarious though is that apperently even being raised halfway around the world from each other, with different languages, totally different lives to start with, etc - Zoey and Rachel both found the Koi fish to be the most exciting part of the Zoo, haha! I guess some things are just true across the board - how can you blame them, they are bright and pretty and move fast enough to be noticed, unlike the other sleepy big animals! We can't wait for you to get home and to meet Rachel! Love Dow, Becky and Zoey

Moved to Adopt