Friday brought an overwhelming shower of gifts at Denise's office. I have had the rare priviledge of working for the same company for 19 years now. So, a lot of it is indeed an extended family. So, this extended family of mine surprised us with a shower. I got the blessing of sharing this celebration with another co-worker, Mandi who's expecting in May. She and I took turns opening up A LOT of thoughtful gifts. Honestly, for me, just seeing how so many people are just excited about the thought of bringing a new life into the world (and country!) is something I wish I could take a picture of. I take a lot of joy from that. Everything from crocheted shoes to a luggage set will be put to great use! Since Randy was in Malaysia at the time, I brought all the goodies home in their wrappings so he could have a shower of his own when he got home. The kiddos loved doing that! I am forever grateful for the amazing people God has placed in my life...and that's NO cliche.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
An Unexpected Baby Shower
Friday brought an overwhelming shower of gifts at Denise's office. I have had the rare priviledge of working for the same company for 19 years now. So, a lot of it is indeed an extended family. So, this extended family of mine surprised us with a shower. I got the blessing of sharing this celebration with another co-worker, Mandi who's expecting in May. She and I took turns opening up A LOT of thoughtful gifts. Honestly, for me, just seeing how so many people are just excited about the thought of bringing a new life into the world (and country!) is something I wish I could take a picture of. I take a lot of joy from that. Everything from crocheted shoes to a luggage set will be put to great use! Since Randy was in Malaysia at the time, I brought all the goodies home in their wrappings so he could have a shower of his own when he got home. The kiddos loved doing that! I am forever grateful for the amazing people God has placed in my life...and that's NO cliche.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment